Method Mediation & Divorce Negotiation
divorce mediation | settlement consulting | parenting plans
Nolo survey says: The average [adversarial] divorce costs $15,500
Bankrate.com says: Avoid Divorce Devastation
Settle out of court.
Keep emotions out of it.
Brush up on financial matters.
Deal with debt strategically.
Check financial statements.
Alimony vs. child support.
Revise lifestyle budget.
Don't forget retirement.
Hire good professionals.
Protect property interests.
Negotiate Don't Litigate
LegalZoom says: Top 5 Reasons to Mediate Divorce
1. Cost: Mediation can cut the costs of getting a divorce greatly since you won't both be paying for lawyers.
2. Time: Using mediation to decide on a separation settlement may mean that you get a divorce decree within months rather than years.
3. Stress: Spending less time and money to get a divorce will reduce stress placed on both spouses and on your children.
4. Privacy: Going through private mediation instead of public divorce proceedings means that you won't have to worry about an adverse impact on your reputation, family, friends, or business.
5. Control: Because both parties have input in the settlement, they have greater control over the process. Parties may be more willing to abide by a mediated settlement since the terms aren't simply imposed upon them by a judge.